GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:55:00 -0400
This is an excellent idea.

And most important let us have at least three support groups formed on that day
with ad hoc committees to steer and inform everyone quarterly on their progress
on the G-L.

as follows:

1. Funeral and emergency support committee
2. Youth and adults -Religious- Mentor support committee
3. JJCees advisory support committee.

If we can achieve these three goals, Inshallah, many of our problems will be
alleviated
In my humble opinion these three areas were lacking when we came in 1973 and we
still desperately need some organized support groups like these to help each
other.

All of us are bound to go back to our maker Allah(swt) and since we cannot and do
not know when so we should be prepared for that day financially  or grievance
councellingg. (reason for number 1 committee)

Both the older and the younger Gambians need every day survival directives in our
present day average local American communities with constant religious -Islam or
Christian- guidiance. ( reason for number 2)

Helping the new arrivals on how to get ids or jobs and even where to stay makes a
heck of a difference to them putting them in the right path first before they
make simple mistakes that could have easily been prevented. (reason for number 3)

On a casual and informal basis I have been doing many of these on a personal
basis  feesabilillah because everyday that we can support each other regardless
of differences Allah rewards us. Finally, most of us learnt the hard way --by our
mistakes Let's help each other as fellow muslims (or Christians) and as Gambians
.

May Allah guide us to  be of good services to our communities as he guided people
like Alhagi Babou Samba and our parents May their souls rest in peace.