C-PALSY  March 2000

C-PALSY March 2000

Re: Gun's Gun's

Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:06:59 -0500

i have heard that the six year old got a gun at the flop house his uncle was
raising him in. mom and dad, in jail. the gun stolen (pesumably by the
uncle). what kind of law would have stopped this one?
the owner had a background check, he had a license, his house was
feloniously broken into and the gun took by a criminal. if it had a trigger
lock on it would the criminal have left it on the gun?

do you know that the satistics kept by the fbi indicates that gun violence
has went down year by year for several years? i do not own a gun. but, i do
point out these facts, and ask questions for this discusion.

-----Original Message-----
From: Schaeffer [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 12:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Gun's Gun's

Over the last 72 hours I heard stories about shoutings in the US, one by a
six year old. I  used to live in New York City. I have been following the
Bush and McCain compaigns, but not one approached or discussed gun control
and gun responsibility. I did hear something insteresting. The USA have
barred Canadians from purchasing guns from them. The reason is lax gun
control laws. Ha! Ha!

You won't allow a six year old drive a car and have created laws to prevent
six  year olds from driving cars. You won't dare set up a system where guns
are controlled. General Motors supports control put on cars and car owners.
They support licening laws which support laws which limited alcoholics and
others with certain conditions from driving. Yet when it comes to Gun
Control, the NRA doesn't promote substanial gun control. The use of a gun is
the responsiblity of the owner and should stay the responsiblity of the
owner. Look what England did after the shooting of school children.

Please let's examine gun controls in light of the coming elections.

Here in Canada, we have or still have universal health care. Survey after
survey showed that Canadians are more concerned over health matters than
their taxes. Yet the government and the politicians are hammering for tax
reduction. Ontario give it's taxpayers a 15% tax reduction and cut health
and welfare costs by huge amounts. It now has a deficit government and is
calling for more health money from the Federal Government. The Federal
Government use to support health by 50%. Now it gives the provinces less
than .20 on the dollar. A 15% tax break in real terms gives substantial
gains to the rich and may give the middle wage earner a chance to go to
Pizza Hut with their families once a week. The poor I wonder.

Joyce