VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:49:41 -0500
Hi all,

Using Windows 10 creators edition, 1709 and jaws 18.

Folks, there are 29 apps, 29, that I found that I don't use, and won't
use, and when I try to press delete when I am on one of them in the apps
list, it doesn't give me the option to delete them.

Here they are:

1. on screen keyboard--I have my own keyboard, I don't need it.

2. Xbox, I don't play that game, and won't.

3. xps viewer--I don't use that, as far as I know.

4. steps recorder--I don't need that.

5. snipping tool--I don't snip anything.

6. movies and tv--I don't watch tv, and I don't watch movies. The only
videos I watch are on you tube.

7. print 3d--I don't do any 3d printing.

8. note pad--I will never use it, I use word pad.

9. paint--I don't paint.

10. math input pannel--I don't use it, I only use calculator.

11. weather--I don't use it, all it gives you is your local weather
forecast.

12. twitter--I don't use it, I don't use  social media!

13. sticky notes--I've never used that, and I would be opened to using
it, if someone would tell me why I need it, and show me how to use it.
Right now, I'm not using it, and it's taking up space and system
resources, as the other 28 apps are taking up.

14. photos--I don't take them, and will never use it.

15. paint 3d--I don't paint, so won't use it.

16. one note--I don't use it. All it is is an app, and I would have to
launch it, then go in and find my notes, takes too much time.

17. news--I don't use it. I get my news from other sources.

18. mind craft--I'm not a gamer.

19. Microsoft Solitar, I don't play it.

20. march over warlords--I don't play it.

21. maps--I don't use them.

22. mail--I don't use it, I use Thunderbird.

23. groove music--I don't use it. Maybe I would, if someone tells me why
it's so good, been using windows media player for years, and now, using
Studio Recorder, that lets me listen to files, and record files, and
edit files.

24. get office--I will not use office, because I don't use Excel, and I
don't use, and won't use Word, because it kept skipping pages in
documents, and it would never stop, so I got rid of office.

25. face book--same as Twitter above.

26. candy crush soda sauga--a game, I don't play games on the computer.

27. camera--I don't use it.

28. calender--I don't use it.

29. alarms--I don't use alarms, but I do use the clock.

So, there you have it. If Microsoft would let the user delete apps they
don't need, our computers would be super fast, and the bootup  time
would be instant.

If there are any apps I mentioned that I should not get rid of, let me
know. But if not, I would *LOVE* to delete all of these 29 apps!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]