VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:40:32 -0800
Peter, I too miss that watch.  The one I used had a male voice with a
British accent and had its operating button on the top as you have
indicated, but it has been discontinued for the past four or five years.  I
don't think the one I used had a stop watch though, nor could it be set
without sight.

Now I am using one that does have a stop watch and four alarm clocks, and
has a date feature as well.  This is the first time I have seen that feature
in a talking watch.  It also has the speaker on the bottom side so is
difficult to quiet down when wanting to remain discreet.  All of its menus
are usable without sight though, and that is a feature I appreciate.

Both of the above mentioned watches have been purchased from Radio Shacks in
places like Port Alberni, Prince George and Victoria, British Columbia
Canada, over the past twelve years since I lost my sight.

I too miss the ability to activate the watch with my chin as well as the
ability to shut the thing up when discretion is required.  Good luck finding
what you need, and if something comes along let us all know where and what
it is.

Thx, Albert