VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2015 13:14:44 +0000
Just curious, why wouldn't you just purchase one that is already built? Just thinking that you can get almost any powerful configuration you would want today for a more fordable price and one that already is built. Not quite the same as it used to be as far as building our own computer systems. Don't forget with windows 10 you probably want a touchscreen and there are different levels of those as well interestingly our students in computer science at the University I work at don't seem to have any interest in building laptops or towers/desktops. That used to be such the thing and the affordable way of getting a high-powered gaming computer for a lower price.

Sent from my slab of glass! :-)