VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:00:04 -0600
Adaptive technology pioneer Tim Cranmer has died.  Tim's efforts span
more than 50 years.  Tim has developed many leaders and innovators that
have brought much independence to blind people.  He is best known for the
Cranmer abacus and the thinking behind such devices as the Braille and
speak and the Kurtzweil reading machine.  The statement from the National
Federation of the Blind is below.

Kelly