VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 08:15:23 -0400
Hi all.  I read the dialogue about JFW with interest and I'm not going to
comment on pricing, as I made my choice and I'm sticking with JFW for future
upgrades.  I would like to day, however, that generally I find the tech
support people responsive.  Usually, if the response is not all I could
want, it's because there was some misunderstanding about the question.  I am
currently having a problem which I reported, and it has been reviewed and is
now being perused by the developers.  The process is not rapid but it seems
quite thorough, and the correspondence has been polite and even cordial.

I'd also like to say that Version 3.3 has something invaluable that Version
3.2 didn't; that's the ability to reach the icons on the system tray.  I can
now close applications without sighted assistance.  Before this time I ran
into a frustrating situation which definitely requiered such assistance.
People wondering if they should upgrade should be aware of this new
development.

I don't know why the Tech Support at JFW comes in for such frequent
criticism, but if it's not inappropriate for the list I'd like to hear the
experiences of people pro and con.  If it is inappropriate, maybe you'd like
to mail me at [log in to unmask]  (What could I be getting myself into?)
<smile>

Regards,

Ilene