VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:28:41 -0400
Hi fellow listers:

Some time back, I read or heard of a wireless keyboard that Jim Snowbarger
had some hand in designing.  Its marketed by an oufit based in Indiana, if
memory serves.  I recently moved back into my one bedroom condo, and while
there is some dead space in the kitchen which accommodates my computer
(actually two computers) quite nicely, sitting in front of it (in the
conventional fashion) has the back of my office chair pressed up again the
refrigerator...well, almost; in any case, its a little too tight for
comfort.  I'd much rather sit in my comfortable rocker eight feet away in
the living room.  I'm asking about (for want of a better description) the
"Snowbarger" keyboard because I've heard horror stories about how other
wireless keyboards (logitech, for example) screw up JAWS; that just what I
heard.

If anyone can help with contact info for the Snowbarger keyboard or advice /
suggestions about other wireless keyboards which won't render JAWS
inoperable, I'd be most appreciative.

John