VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:41:51 +0200
Dear list members,

First, sorry for cross-posting, but this message maybe of interest for many
people since magnifiers.org received exactly 162 messages last 2 years
asking why screen magnifier and screen reader software is so expensive.

Premier Programming Solution starts releasing their new screen magnifier
and screen reader software on May 20, 2002.
It is long ago, that we could welcome a new company in this market!

The screen magnifier magnifies all programs from 2 to 16 times in 16 amd 32
bit color depth.
It includes features like full screen magnification, advanced color
smoothing and an easy to use user-interface.
It is compatible with most video cards so try before buy!
Run on Windows 98/ME/2000/XP and is priced $149.

The Screen Reader includes all major features of known screen readers and
works out of the box with most program. With scripting it is possible to
customize.
Includes features like speak what you type, read out documents, e-mail and
web pages and tells where you are in the system.
This program works on Windows 98/ME/2000 and NT with service pack 6.
Also this product is priced $149.

Both products are compatible, but notice that the screen reader is not
compatible with Windows XP.
I didn't see the programs myself and the above information came from
Premier Programming Solutions.

Products will be reviewed by magnifiers.org ASAP and the reviews will be
published there so they are available for everybody.

After my last request for screen reader reviews for making them available
for everybody in the world I didn't receive nothing.
So again. If you have screen reader or screen magnifier reviews free from
copyrights please send it to [log in to unmask]

More details at magnifiers.org
http://www.magnifiers.org

Regards Peter Verhoeven