VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:50:51 -0500
Hi.  I'm hoping someone has some ideas about what I should do.  My laptop
has Eudora V4.0.1 on it (the original program I bought from the store), and
my desktop has Eudora V4.3.1, which I believe I'd paid for at some point in
order to upgrade from that same 4.0.1.  I've been trying to transfer
messages from a mailbox on my laptop to my main machine by copying the
saved.mbx and saved.toc files onto a floppy and then copying them into the
right directory on my main machine.  The .toc file copied fine, but the
.mbx file didn't.  I thought this was because there was no such Saved
mailbox on my main machine.  So I created a Saved mailbox; and then I got
the message that the table of contents had been corrupted, and that none of
the records had been transferred - or something to that effect.  So now
having created the Saved mailbox, I tried again to copy the .mbx and .toc
files, and again, was only able to copy the .toc file, which I had a chance
to overwrite.  But the .mbx file could not be copied: It said that the
system could not read from the specified device.  Why would this be?  I
know that these .mbx files are simply text files, meaning that you can read
them with Notepad or W.P. for DOS even, so what's the problem?  Is it that
the two versions of the program are different, and the data can't be
transferred between them?  In truth, I don't see any major changes in
4.3.1, other than that Jaws doesn't read the status messages as well as it
does those in 4.0.1.  I see no reason to pay to upgrade the Eudora on my
laptop.  So is there any way I can get those messages from my laptop onto
my main machine?
Thanks for any ideas any of you may have; and I hope you were able to
follow my message.
Rachel
.