VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:36:04 -0500
Hello:

I'm trying to help a client who is deaf-blind re-set his Gmail password.
I am going through the process for him because I believe he would have
difficulty hearing the audio captcha.  He is a JAWS user.

I have put his user ID information in to the Password Recovery page,
submitted it, and gotten through the audio captcha, a royal pain in the
butt.  After doing this, I got the message that an e-mail has been sent
to my client's secondary e-mail address.  In that message, it also says
that if you no longer have access to the secondary address or if you
don't have a secondary address, you need to wait five days and then
you'll be given a chance to answer your security question.  Also, my
client says he has not logged into the account since Friday night, over
five days ago.  My client also did not put in a secondary e-mail address
when he signed up for Gmail.

Just this morning, figuring that five days had passed, I went back into
the password recovery page, put my client's user name in, went through
the Audio Captcha (it took eight tries to get it) and hit submit.
Again, I got the message that an e-mail had been sent to the secondary
e-mail address and that I have to wait five days before I can answer the
security question.

OK, my client and I have waited over five days and I'm still getting
this stupid message.  I searched on Google Help to see if I could get a
contact person to talk with, no luck.  So, my question to all of you is,
are there any tricks I can try with Gmail to help this gentleman recover
his password?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)