VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2016 18:50:30 -0400
All that has been said is true, but is incomplete.

One reason some are hesitant to update is they have older JAWS
versions. To bring JAWS up to the newest is expensive and prohibitive
for some folks.

Yes, I know NVDA can be used, but that is a learning curve if you have
not used it in the past.

If you are right and one cannot still use Office 10, then the expense
to upgrade is again prohibitive fore some. I need to check on that one,
not sure.

Not everyone is a geek like those of us on this list. The learning and
upgrading and driver fixes etc. are daunting for some people who only
know how to turn the computer on, and read email. There are more of
those folks than you think.

If one uses Windows 8.1 updating should not be too bad as 10 looks
similar. From 7 though is a bit more of a change.

Finally, some people are saying "what I have works, so why make life
difficult?" This is not a long term solution, but if you have an aging
laptop, you'll probably replace it before support for Windows 7 or 8.1 expires.

Bill

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]