VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:19:47 -0400
This is being forwarded from another list.  If interested, please
contact the seller directly and NOT me.
Thank you.
Rachel
*Hello all,*

*I am selling a Braille Plus, “Braille Mobile Manager” and docking station.*

*The Braille Plus has just been serviced by APH and contains the latest
motherboard. It is under a software maintenance agreement until October,
2011.*

*The docking station has been used minimally and is in flawless working
condition, (also recently examined by APH.)*

*I am selling these because I no longer use them. The Braille Plus sells
for $1400 new and the docking station sells for $600 new. I also have
and will include a leather case for the Braille Plus.*

*Asking $1000.*

*If interested, please contact me at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>*

*I have pasted the descriptions from APH’s web page below to inform you
about features.*

*Braille*

*+ Mobile Manager*

This powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use notetaker by APH is designed
specifically for users who are blind or visually impaired. The Braille+™
Mobile Manager can be held in your hand like a PDA or used on your lap
or desk like a laptop.

*Helps you:*

·Stay connected by using its web browser, wireless capability, pod
casts, RSS, and email

·Manage appointments with its calendar and address book

·Type reports or letters on the word processor

·Record lectures or journal the day's events and publish your blog

·Play your favorite songs or listen to books and movies – stores thousands

·Transfer files and synchronize appointments and contacts with your
Windows® PC

     Additional Information:

*Features *

• Braille keyboard

• Large capacity hard drive

• Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® capability

• Word processor that is Microsoft Word® compatible

• Audio player compatible with MP3, WAV, audible.com, and OGG and stream
audio files from the internet

• Book player supports Word®, txt, html, audible.com, DAISY, and
Bookshare®, and is compatible with NLS Digital Talking Books for
qualified NLS patrons

• Voice recorder

• Address book, clock, stopwatch, and calendar

*Specifications *

• Size: 5.1 x 3.35 x .975 inches

• Weight: 7.4 ounces

• Battery: rechargeable lithium ion with a user-accessible battery
compartment

• Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, 2.5mm stereo headset jack, 3.5mm
stereo microphone jack, miniSD™ card slot, USB 1.1

• Memory: large capacity hard drive, 256MB internal flash

• Stereo speakers

*Includes*

• Rechargeable Battery

• Carrying Case

• Lanyard

• AC Adaptor

• Interface Cable

• USB Sub B Cable

*Requirements to synchronize: *PC running Windows® XP, Vista®, or later

*Braille+ QWERTY Docking Station*

Smaller than a laptop, the Docking Station provides connectivity and
comfort on-the-go or at your desk. Simply snap the Braille+™ Mobile
Manager into the QWERTY Docking Station and you have a highly
functional, comfortable-to-use, portable notetaker with Ethernet
connectivity!

*Enables You To*

·Take notes comfortably with a full-size QWERTY keyboard

·Perform full-capability word processing

·Web browse extensively

·Read and write email when you're on-the-go

*More Battery Power*

With long-lasting batteries, you can dock-in and power on. Charge your
Braille+ by plugging it into the docking station, even if the docking
station is not plugged in.

*
Expanded Connectivity*

Transferring files and emails, accessing the internet, or adding
peripherals is quick with the Docking Station. With an Ethernet
connection you can log into your office network or the internet, and
with USB host and client ports, it's easy to hook-up periperals.

*
Comfortable, Ergonomic Design*

The Docking Station is designed to be large enough for your hands to
rest comfortably, yet small and lightweight so it's easy to carry along,
plus it has a foldout hand rest.

*Note:*The Braille+ Mobile Manager is required to operate the QWERTY
Docking Station.

*Features*

·QWERTY keyboard

·Audio output and input options include: stereo speakers, mono microphone

·Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with user-accessible battery compartment

·USB 1.1 host and client

·Internet Connectivity: 10BaseT Ethernet

·Dimensions: Folded: 7.12 x 12 inches; Unfolded: 8.84 x 12 inches;
Thickness: 1.56 inches

*Includes*

·Braille+ QWERTY Docking Station

·AC Power Adaptor