VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:22:26 -0500
I would never mind having only one simple opinion, but a number of
diferent thoughts come to mind:

--I have demo'ed a different virtual braille input off a touch screen.
I REALLY liked it. I am not a super wired Braille user. Okay I am not a
power typist either.But the braille input was REALLY fun and I was It
hink almost as fast as using a qwerty / Voiceover combo.

--One funky point: the input was half a braille cell at a time. This
did not bother me. In fact, in terms of lots of times needing to do
input on a bouncy bus where I would need one hand to hold the device, I
actually found that preferable to something that would take two hands
for data entry.

--I am REALLY not interested in making it easier for sighted people to
text while driving and I kind of fly into a lather about the pedestrian
hazards inherent in much mobile phone usage practice. But I think other
people with more sight might also like what I liked: the braille input
was not as tiring for me s the compariatvely fine-grained finger
movements I needed for the Voiceover keyboard.

Thoughts?

DoreneC