VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:12:06 -0800
Enough of this B... S...!  Nothing confuses the public,government agencys and any other concerned
organization than the constant bickering among the blind and visually impaired population about audible
signals, tactle marking and any other device that may help us remain independant and safely moble.  Before
the" White Cane:., What?  Before "Braille".  What?  etc.  Of course anyone can be confused, even the
sighted.  More blind and visually impaired persons are confident and actually moving about in our urban
society far more than they ever did before.  There are doomsayers and negatibe thinking who would oppose
any form of progress out of hand.  Cooperation and teamwork by the blind community for the benefit of the
majority is essential to attract support by the very sighted individuals who really understand little of
what it is like to be blind or visually impaired.  Think long, hard and deep before you decry benefits to a
majority.  Gordon