VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:41:00 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Edwards, Paul [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: [leadership] FW: TUESDAY TOPICS: PERSONAL POWER: A NEW WAY FORWARD
FOR COMPUTER USERS

This week on Tuesday Topics we will have as our special guest somebody
who I admire very much for what he has accomplished.  He has made a huge
contribution in more than one area and what is perhaps most significant,
he has done so as a volunteer.  Michael Faire has recently  published a
book called Personal Power which is aimed at the new and not so new
computer users.  The book is free and is available in a variety of
formats.  He will tell us a little about his life, some about his book,
and a lot about what makes him able and willing to give as much as he
has to other blind people.  I hope you will join us to hear from Michael
what makes a very special person tick as well as to ask  him questions
about what is in his book.  We well meet a little before nine on Tuesday
November 25th in the Politics Room.  Here are some instructions about
how to find us and what to do once we are found.

Using a web browser, go to
http://www.conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs510b693fb11f to
enter the Politics Room.

There you must either download a small application if this is your first
time there, or go on to enter the room. The next screen has a spot for
you to input your real name and a password. Ignore the password. Just
enter your name and press enter.

The new room looks a lot different from the old one. Please take some
time and explore particularly the help menu and its accessibility
submenu.

If you cannot join us tonight, please listen starting next Monday at
8:00 p.m. eastern to hear this program on the mainstream channel of
ACBRADIO.

 at

If you have comments and suggestions for us, please send us an email

Paul Edwards, Director
North Campus Access Services
Room 6113
11380 Northwest 27 Avenue
Miami, FL 33167
Work Phone: (305) 237-1146
Work Fax (305) 237-1831
Home Phone: (305) 692-9206
Cell Phone: (305) 984-0909
Work Email: [log in to unmask]
Home Email: [log in to unmask]

ABILITY COUNTS

"Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written
communications to or from College employees regarding College business
are public records, available to the public and media upon request.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public
disclosure."

--
Join the Monthly Monetary Support program (MMS) and help improve tomorrow
today in ACB.

This message has come to you from the ACB Leadership List:  a special
List for use by the leadership of the American Council of the Blind.
This communication is privileged and may contain confidential
information intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, other distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate removal
from the List.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify ACB immediately by writing to [log in to unmask]

Checked by AVG.
9:03 AM

Checked by AVG.
9:03 AM