VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:09:06 -0400
Hi Lisa. High light Internet Explorer in your programs menu and then
right click. In the menu that comes up select 'send to' then 'desk top'.
If there is another short cut to IE on your desk top, windows will call
the new one 2, 3, etc. It is unlikely however that you have 20 other
shortcuts of IE on your desk top. Just high light the 'Internet Explorer
21' short cut on your desk top. Right click and select 'rename' from the
drop down menu. Just simply rename it to IE.

To add or remove Internet Explorer you go to add/remove programs in the
control panel. On the left of the programs window will be other options.
I think it is the third option down. It says 'add/remove windows
components'. Be careful when using this feature. You can remove IE. You
will need your operating system's installation disk for some actions you
do here.

Hope this helped.

Mick

    Signoff: [log in to unmask]