VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:40:33 -0600
Hello all,

I received the same press release.  I *choose not to forward it to the list
as, at this time, Active Accessibility is only a concept, not a product.  No
one can install Active X accessibility and run it on an application, such as
microsoft Work, at this time.  i hope the liberal use of the future tense was
noted in the article.  That's no accident.  I did not post it because it is
vaporware and can not be used by the blind end user at this time.
Additionally, the end user is made to feel as if significant progress is being
made toward accessibility, when Microsoft's effort so far has been
uncooridnated and half-hearted at best.

kelly