VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2017 15:27:46 -0800
Yes, connecting to Wi-Fi is easy, assuming of course that your friend has good VoiceOver skills and can use the onscreen keyboard well enough, too. He needs to:
1) Open Settings.
2) Double-tap on Wi-Fi.
3) In the resulting list of available connections, Find the ID that corresponds to his Wi-Fi network and double-tap it.
4) If the Wi-Fi requires a password, he needs to type that password on the onscreen keyboard, then double-tap the Join button at the lower right corner of the screen.

If he connects successfully, he won’t ever have to enter that Wi-Fi password again unless it changes for some reason. In fact, when he’s within range of the Wi-Fi access point and Wi-Fi is turned on, the phone will automatically connect.  Very convenient.