VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:40:38 -0400
David

Screen readers come from the factory with settings the vendors have found
to be the most advantageous for their typical customer.
David, if you routinely monitored the GWMICRO list, you would well realize
that redirects historically have caused users more pain than gain.
The typical user, including yours truly, likes stability in page displays;
and, in fact, that, at least through WE6.1 as Firefox and WE doesn't have
this stability, I find Firefox less desirabible as a browser.
No information is being denied anyway, contrary to your apparent belief,
and this is done in the interest of user convenience which is under the
control of the knowledgable screen reader user.
The neophyte user would be overwhelmed by pages refreshing seemingly out
of control.
And I think part of Lisa's question goes back to a lack of understanding
what the term redirects in this instance implies.
She has access to everything.

-----

              Mike

If I walk with the world, I can't walk with God.
Dwight L. Moody

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]