VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

.dan.
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:45:35 +0000
If one searches by name all are on the net for download.  This is
abandonware in most cases as to legal status.  There is an official word
5.1 that ms made availble for free and was on the net.  Note the 5.1
version designation.  It has all the features and functions of v. 5.

There was a site that was making word perfect compatible with current usage
as to printer drivers etc. and other efforts to lengthen its lifespan.

There was a utility to pull plain text from word documents.  Most mac word
and text type software can inport old word and wp documents, and perhaps
dbase and spreadsheet also.  If you can get either into comma delimited
format it is a universal format for data bases and spreadsheets.

If a google doesn't bring these to you I can most likely get them from my
dos bookmarks.

                                XB
                                 IC|XC

Archived on the World Wide Web at