VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2013 10:00:39 -0800
Lisa,

The answer to your question about how to get ringtones from Youtube to
your cell phone depends in large part on your specific cell phone. I
know you can put ringtones onto iPhones and Androids, and I know you can
put ringtones onto some more basic phones, but the steps vary, so you'll
need to tell us which Virgin Mobile phone you have, and if someone else
has that phone, you might be able to get instructions. For that part of
your question, you might want to try the Blind Phones list. I tried to
find the link for you, but I wasn't able to. It's a Freelist, and I'm
subscribed, but the new server and mine don't get along, so I don't
actually get list mail.

About downloading music from Youtube and turning it into ringtones, you
can use sites like _Youtube to MP3 Converter_. You paste the URL of your
video into an edit field and enter on a couple of links to get an mp3
download of your song. Then you use a sound editor, like Audacity, to
turn your song into a thirty-second clip. Some phones, like Android, can
just play the first thirty seconds of the song if you set it as your
ringtone.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]