VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:30:53 -0400
You do realize that Stereolithography has absolutely nothing to do with a
fax machine?  It was just a poor analogy.

I've had some rapid prototyping done in the past using stereolithography.
It is a great method for producing models.  It could, in fact, put braille
dots on a model if you wanted them.  However, it would not be a very
useful device for actually producing braille.  Unless you wanted rigid
pieces of plastic with braille dots on them.

Never-the-less, I'll conceed the patent to you. (grin).

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, ddunfee.. wrote:

> hello,
>
> i ran across an article today and see a possible application for what it
> describes for reproduction of braille material via a fax machine or using a
> fax machine as a local printer.  if a braille translation program was used
> to print regular ink dots on paper rather then physically scribe them, the
> process described below could produce braille as oupput, absent physical
> punching of paper.  remember you saw it here first and i claim all patent
> rights for it's application for braille reproduction.  (grin)

Dan

-----
Blue Skies
Dan Rossi