VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johan Roos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:42:45 +0200
The wisdom of a commercial decision takes many factors into account.  One
of those is the damage which can be done by the disgruntled visually
impaired community.  The other is the likely loss of market share if the
product's release is held up.  Is the visually impaired community in the
United States really incapable of finding among its number any people who
can sit down and talk this thing over with Microsoft?  Or must I assume
that Microsoft frustrates attempts at achieving on-going dialogue on this
kind of issue?

I have nothing against a full frontal assault when negotiations serve no
purpose.  But blood-sport strikes me as potentially counter-productive in
some cases.  Has anybody ever given any thought to the question as to how
Microsoft is likely to treat them in future once the company realizes that
the reaction of the visually impaired community to IE 4 is something they
can live with?

JR