VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:24:47 -0400
Hi all,
Harry here.
I'm using an asus laptop, running windows xp home edition, and jaws for windows 9.0.
Here's the problem.  I hit enter on an mp3 file to play it and it plays 2 seconds of the file, then stops, no matter what the file is.
However, when I highlight the file, then press shift f 10 to open the menu and go to open with and hit enter then down arrow to choose program and hit enter, the default program to play the file is winamp, so, I tab down till it says always use this program to play the file and check the box, because it's not checked, as a matter of fact, this box never stays checked, I don't know why, but it makes me angry.
then I tab to ok and press spacebar, then it plays it just fine.
However, the next time I go to play a file, it only plays 2 seconds of it again and then stops.
I shouldn't have to do a open with each time I play a file.
Now I did put in winamp 5.53, is that the problem?  I did have this problem beginning last Thursday night, when I was using winamp 5.13, and I tryed to play an audio file and it wouldn't play, so I upgraded winamp, so, I don't think 5.53 is the problem.
I also installed the windows software removal tool from Microsoft, could that be the problem?
Folks, I will not use windows media player, because there is no way to navigate, and winamp is the best blind audio program out there.
Someone tell me please, how to solve the problem, and you may forward this anywhere on the internet to anybody who can help me.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]