VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2017 04:13:07 +0000
There are so many other factors that come into play. What version screen-reader they have, the speed of their processor, gigs of memory, the OEMs they may have on their machine, the version of Windows or Mac OS they are running, which browser and it's version, and the actual ability of the particular screen-reader they are using. We know not all screen-readers perform equally in different environments. Given all these factors, it is truly a wonder that so many websites work for those of us using screen-readers. I consider myself pretty technically savy, and yet I don't know lots of the finer JAWS commands because I rely on the mainstream keyboard commands and use JAWS specific commands typically when it is necessary to get a job done. Oh, you could even add that into the list of factors I gave above. :-) LOL
Terri