VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:47:08 -0700
Hi all.  I have recently upgraded to Win '98, JFW 3.3, OpenBook Ruby, but
retained my old HP 2P scanner with document feeder.  I am using a Lap Top
Toshiba 4000 CDS Pentium 266, 64 megs of RAM and a 4.3 GIG hard drive with a
Adaptec 1460 PCMCIA SCSI card.  We have over the past two days spent a great
deal of time on the phone with HP, Arkenstone, Aroga and Adaptec with no
results.  The SCSI card is working, as is the new software from HP, however
the system is unable to find the scanner.  This is a problem we are having
with two separate systems, one using an HP 3P and the other using an HP 2P
with all other items nearly the same.  The other system in question is a
Toshiba 4100, but all else is similar.  Have any of you solved this issue
already?  Please help, because the only other solution seems to be to
purchase a new scanner.  This is not a preferred option, as these two
scanners work just fine for OCR, and the fact that they don't see in colour
really doesn't matter to me much.  It seems a shame to have to throw these
machines out.

Albert