VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:34:02 -0400
Hi, fellow listers:

Long time, no post.  I have a CD with the Roxio "Go Back" program (Version
3.0) on it, and thought I'd install it tonight, but the first screen
indicated that this program would replace "system restore" as the default
"get me back to where I was before I screwed things up" program, (okay, it
really didn't phrase it that way but I trust all you folks get the point),
and did I want to continue.  Now, in the absence of JAWS scripts (and that
may or may not be a factor here), I've been underwhelmed with the
accessibility of system restore.  However, as the old adage has it, "better
the devil you know..."  So, this is an inquiry to edify myself about the
other devil; i.e., do any folks here have experience with (and hence, a
basis for holding opinions about), the accessibility / blind friendliness of
the "go back" program, especially as compared to microsoft's system restore?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, observations, opinions, etc.

John McCann