VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:52:44 -0500
balder dash.  smil has been around for quite some time and has nothing
to do with the player's interface.  You can read about smil at:
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/
an extract from this page reads:

SMIL
TM

The Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL, pronounced
"smile") enables simple authoring of interactive audiovisual
presentations. SMIL is typically
used for "rich media"/multimedia presentations which integrate streaming
audio and video with images, text or any other media type. SMIL is an
easy-to-learn
HTML-like language, and many SMIL presentations are written using a
simple text-editor.