VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan TeVelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2020 08:19:34 -0500
Mike,

What you say about screenreaders and web browsers is true.  I'm a web and
mobile accessibility tester and my employer decided to only test with NVDA.
JAWS sometimes has scripts which override normal windows behavior so It's
difficult to get a true test.  On the other hand, sometimes NVDA doesn't
work and the user needs to resort to JAWS to get the job done.  The whole
issue of how screenreaders interact with computers and mobile devices is
complicated and keeps changing.  All the more reason to enforce standards
for websites and applications.

there has been a lot of talk in the accessibility world about how the
Internet will deliver content in the future.  This means that the whole
paradigm of how screenreaders work will need to change.  That's just the way
technology works.

Dan