VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cynthia Handel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:56:26 -0400
For all of you more experienced internet people, I hope this question
doesn't sound to silly.  When I signed up for internet with Voicenet, I
asked for a shell account.  I can look at various web pages from various
companies, but cannot place an order from those pages.  It tells me
somehting like I do not have a grocer to support this.  Also, I've tried
to sign up for a chat group through the QVC web page.  But, it also does
not allow this.  It looks like they're set up for windows.  Since I don't
use windows, does that mean that this is the nature of the kind of account
I have?  I've called to try to ask questions of people at various
companies, but they're all oriented to windows and don't know anything
about shell accounts.  Thanks for any information you can give me.

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln