VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Gravitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Gravitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:37:08 -0500
FYI:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul G. Silva" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 5:39 PM
Subject: Public Beta Announcement from ZForm

> Dear vipace Moderator,
>
> Paul Silva here from ZForm. We just released a new public beta of ZForm
Poker that will be of particular interest to folks with low vision because
we've significantly improved the way the game handles screen magnifiers.
We've also added a few more cool new features.  Please pass the below
announcement along to your community if you think they'd be interested.

> Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me
([log in to unmask]). If you do not wish to receive similar announcements from
ZForm, or if this was sent to you in error, simply email [log in to unmask] with
an email containing the subject "remove."

> Thanks for your time.
>

> -Paul G. Silva,
> Cofounder and President,
> ZForm-Games with Vision
> http://www.zform.com
>

>  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> Announcing
> The ZForm Poker 1.2 Public Beta
> Play it for Free!
>
> ZForm has just released the public beta of its next version of ZForm
Poker.  If you haven't heard of it, it's an online version of five-card draw
poker that's equally playable by blind, low vision, and fully sighted users.

> Low vision users will especially appreciate the new features in this
version.  ZForm Poker now utilizes Microsoft's Active Accessibility to work
with your screen magnifier to magnify the appropriate portions of the screen
automatically. This eliminates much of the guesswork previously involved in
playing poker with a screen magnification product.  If you previously had
trouble playing Poker with your magnifier, we highly recommend you give
version 1.2 a try.

> Other new features include the ability to perform "actions" while in chat
mode, and a new "all-in" style of betting.

> Anyone can play the beta at no charge.  All we ask is that you submit
feedback regarding any problems or bugs you encounter.

> How Do I Play?
>
> Before you jump in with both feet, please remember that ZForm Poker 1.2 is
beta software, so it hasn't had all the bugs worked out of it. It is not
guaranteed to behave as advertised on your computer. The goal of the beta
testing process is to have as many people play the game as possible, and
report any problems they experience to ZForm, so we can make version 1.2 the
best it can be.

> To play the new ZForm Poker beta, you must join the ZFormBeta yahoogroup.
All discussion related to the beta takes place on this group, and it's an
easy way for you to submit feedback.

> To join, send a blank email to:
>
> Once you reply to the forthcoming confirmation email, you'll receive an
email containing everything you need to know to get started as a ZForm Poker
beta tester.

> We thank you for your help in making ZForm products the standard for
high-quality accessible multiplayer games.