VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brian Sargee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Sargee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2015 23:02:24 -0700
Microsoft will never, ever call anyone. Not unless you, yourself contacted their tech support and they've left an issue unresolved. Even then, they will usually recite a confirmation number given to you at the end of the previous call. Recently, my father in law whole is older and unfortunately took one of those Microsoft scammer calls, allowed them to remote into his windows pc. It was a $900 mistake for him. Do not give them any information if they do call. Instead, ask them for their name and phone number and hang up.

Brian Sargee