VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:22:29 -0400
Hi all,
Just got this from the blog at

http://www.acbradio.org/blog

Please forward this to all blindness email lists that would want to hear this.
Harry

Monday, July 14, 2008
Changes Afoot on Main Menu
The following note has been posted to ACB Radio public mailing lists by
Chrissie Cochrane, the station's managing director. I appreciate her good
words below. You can all be sure that, from time to time, we will be
providing content and making guest appearances on the show as we are able.
Hi Folks

It is with considerable regret that I have to announce that both Jeff Bishop
and Darrell shandrow are relinquishing both their production and hosting of
the now famous Main Menu show due to a steep increase in their other work
commitments. The first thing I want to do is thank both of them for their
hard work in both producing and hosting the show which has gone from
strength to strength during their tenure.
I am also open to offers for anyone who is willing to take on the task of
hosting and/or preparing this prestigious show. We need people who have a
good grounding in access technology, and a knowledge of streaming on the
internet. If people are interested, and have the time and the inclination
to take on this work, please write to me at [log in to unmask] I am
very open to ideas for any changes anyone may have to the format of the
show, after all, these things do not necessarily have to stay the same from
year to year, so as I say, if you are interested in either hosting the show,
or wish to be involved in its production, please write to me at

This is a chance for someone to make a name for themselves in the access
technology field, as during Jeff and Darrell's time with the show, the
listener figures have been increasing steadily, but don't let that put you
off. Of course they will be a hard double act to follow though I'm sure
there are people out there who have ideas and would like to see them put
into reality.
So, if you're interested, please write to me at [log in to unmask]
and
let's start yet another era of first-class Main Menu shows.

Chrissie

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]