VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:37:59 +0200
Hi list

Is anybody faimilar with the FX Tec company or are they new, I saw some
details of their Pro1 phone, which has a slider keyboard though it doesn't
mention other products by them, which is why I asked if they're new, I
subscribed to their newsletter and received two so far but they haven't
answered me about how accessible this pro1 is or what it can do?

I'm also wondering if any of you have tried the Doro range, they have senior
phones, which are like the traditional button mobiles although I suppose one
doesn't have to be elderly to use them but apparently they don't have text
to speech, at least not in Europe, not sure about their smart phones and in
England they also still sell their landlines.

The RG310 from the Australian RugGear brand is now end of life and was a
smart phone with buttons too and apparently had text to speech though no
idea how accessible it actually was but the supplier here said one of their
suppliers might have two new deature phones available in about two months,
then there are a few other models of smart phones with buttons around, not
sure if I should send links or actual articles, Project Ray is now in North
America too but I don't know if the others are yet. pity there is no market
for the DuraXV or the Cadence talking model from Kyocera here in South
Africa even though they're not smart phones, as there is no network for them
here and Verizon digital media is coming here and some Verizon phones can be
used here but they didn't even reply when I asked about their phone network
coming here too, probably not, no answer from the would-be distributors of
Lucia as to whether they'll attempt to brin it here but there are two other
options and Vodacom is apparently looking into at least two further options,
not sure which or if they're open to suggestions because their specific
needs guy never answers about this or mentions anything, not sure why such a
secret?

Ricky Lomey

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]