VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kevin Doucet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Doucet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2023 12:30:57 -0600
Hi list,

I payed for a subscription for information learning and having access to
"securing some amazing TV & Film placements".

The problem is the tip sheet is hosted on Google Docs and I can't seem
to make the instructions for accessing the information work for me. I
will put the instructions I found online, below. Please if you know how
I can make this work, I would appreciate it. I would rather pay for this
and be able to access it than have to, once again, not find a way to
access the information.

(note:)
I am using NVDA but can't, when looking for the tools menu, find "Step
1: Turn on screen reader support". I will check again but I do believe I
am running all updated and current versions of the software.

(Howto for, Accessibility for Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, & Drawings)
Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drawings are designed to work with
screen readers, braille devices, screen magnification, and more.
ComputerAndroidiPhone & iPad
Use a screen reader
If you already use screen reader software on your computer, such as
ChromeVox, NVDA, JAWS, or VoiceOver, follow these steps to get started.
Step 1: Turn on screen reader support
The first time you use Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides with a screen
reader, you need to turn on screen reader support:
1. Go to Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides, and open a file.
2. In the Tools menu, select Accessibility settings.
3. Select Turn on screen reader support.
Step 2: Check your screen reader settings
For some screen readers, you might need to adjust your settings when you
use Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Drawings. Check your screen reader
instructions below.
ChromeVox
NVDA
On Windows, for the best experience, use the latest version of NVDA with
the latest version of Chrome or Firefox.
Docs, Slides, and Drawings
1. Go to Google Docs, Slides, or Drawingsand open a file.
2. Listen for these words: "Screen reader support enabled." If you don't
hear anything, go to the Tools menu, select Accessibility settings, then
select Turn on screen reader support. You should hear "Screen reader
support enabled."
3. Press NVDA + Ctrl + k, then turn off Speak typed characters and Speak
typed words.
4. Optional: Change your NVDA startup keyboard shortcut so that it
doesn't conflict with Docs, Slides, or Drawings. The default NVDA
keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + Alt + n, is commonly used in Docs, Slides, or
Drawings (for example, Ctrl + Alt + n then g navigates to the next image
in a document). To change your NVDA keyboard shortcut, open Properties
from the NVDA shortcut. On the Shortcut tab, edit the Shortcut key so it
doesn't conflict with Docs, Slides, or Drawings (for example, Ctrl + Alt
+ \).
Sheets
To get started in Sheets, simply turn on screen reader support as
described in Step 1 above.
Tip: Focus mode generally provides a better experience than browse mode.
To switch between focus and browse modes, press NVDA + Spacebar.

If you already use screen reader software on your computer, such as
ChromeVox, NVDA, JAWS, or VoiceOver, follow these steps to get started.
Use a screen reader
1. Go to Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides, and open a file.
2. In the Tools menu, select Accessibility settings.
3. Select Turn on screen reader support.

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6282736?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#zippy=%2Cnvda

Thanks for any help.

Kevin Doucet

Archived on the World Wide Web at