VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan TeVelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2022 09:06:12 -0600
Hi Harry,

I would recommend going back to the drawing board. Use Google to find out which applications are compatible with the MPEG file type. I found this link
https://www.howtogeek.com/367560/what-is-an-mpeg-file-and-how-do-i-open-one/#content
to a page which describes the file type. I don't think renaming the file will do anything because of the way the data in the original file is compressed. I'm not sure why you insist on using Winamp. I think all of the media players out there have some kind of keyboard control to let you adjust playback. I would also recommend updating to the latest version of JAWS. If you do that, you will get better tech support from Freedom Scientific. Ask them what media players they recommend and how to use them with the file. I hope this helps.

Dan