VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:16:25 +0200
Hi Elizabeth,

I check this website with Netscape 4.5 Beta, Opera 3.5 beta and Lynx 2.7.
Users using Lynx or Net-Tamer and users of other graphical browsers who
turned off loading of images have problems accessing this website.
The problem is that the menu on the main page includes clickable images
without ALT tag attribute. If the ALT tag attribute is used describing the
menu option the problem is solved for the most users.
Maybe the fact, that the menu on the main page is in a three column table
can cause problems to users with speech synthesizers.

Regards Peter Verhoeven
Internet : http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe (The Screen Magnifiers Homepage)