VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:32:03 -0500
I have been working closely with iBiquity in testing effects on existing
radio reading services, using FM sub-carriers, and have started a dialog
with them and radio manufacturers about accessibility and usability of
radios.  This is a long-term process, and I don't expect anything good in
the first generation or two, but hopefully, we can bring something about in
the future.

If IBOC is to happen, which isn't guaranteed, that is if it is to become
widely adopted, it can ultimately offer reading services digital
transmission, with far better quality than we have today.  However, we have
to be able to use the auxiliary data capacity of future receivers.  This is
why, in part, I have been working with iBiquity and others.

David Andrews