VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:32:16 -0700
If your laptop doesn't have a right mouse key, you can always use
shift+F10.

I found the following two pages on the Logitech MX5000. The first one
says 404 error, but if you keep arrowing down from the Not Found
heading, you find a cached version of the page. I'm pasting only the
most relevant information. You may want to read both in their entirety
as they contain lots of really useful detail that may render the
keyboard usable.

http://www.geek.com/xyzcomputing/logitech-cordless-desktop-mx5000-laser-571305/

The hot keys on the right side of the keyboard link users to their
default email client, messenger, Status, and even a webcam. Below this
is the calculator button and F Lock. This keyboard has a number of
functions associated with the F keys by default. The F9-F12 keys are
fully programmable. To access the F functions you have to make sure the
F Lock is on, which to any power user will seem to be backwards and
counterintuitive to the point of being ridiculous. Basically, Logitech
has hijacked your F keys and replaced them with hotlinks and a few super
basic “CTRL+” functions. To get your F keys back you have to turn the F
Lock on at the start of each session.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9716/~/customizing-my-mx-5000-keyboard-with-logitech-software-%28setpoint%29

Programming function keys

The Function Keys, or F-Keys, are the keys labelled F1 through F12 above
the number keys.

Similar to the Programmable Keys (discussed above), the F-Keys can also
be programmed to perform certain functions. You can do this by
simultaneously pressing the FN key (located between the right CTRL and
ALT key next to the spacebar) and an F-Key.

1. Open SetPoint and click the My Keyboard tab on the top of the screen
and select the Keyboard F Key Settings tab on the left (shown below).

2. Select the key you wish to customize under the Select F Key field.

3. Now select the task you want the keyboard key to perform under Select
Task. You can also click Help to find detailed descriptions of these
options for your device.

In the example above we selected open web page. Next we need to specify
which page we want the Help key to open. Enter the web page in the
location field.

4. Click Apply to save your settings. Click OK to exit SetPoint.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]