VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Homme <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:52:47 -0500
Hi,
Does anyone know how I might fix this problem? I will do my best to
reconstruct the chain of events that led up to it.

In Lotus Notes 5, there is information that JAWS would normally speak that
it is not speaking now. This information is the bookmark, action bar  and
window menu information. This information gets spoken when MSAA mode is set
to 2. I think it stopped speaking this information when I re-installed
Internet Explorer 5.5. Another thing is happening that didn't before.
Instead of pressing control+g to go to the address bar in Windows Explorer,
I now have to press alt+d, as I would in Windows 98. This is an NT4
machine.

To try to fix the problem, I have done one thing. I have re-installed JAWS
3.7 with the repair option. The reason I installed Internet Explorer was so
that I could use applets. The old version of IE5.5 was locking up.

What can I do to get to the bottom of the problem and fix it.

Thanks.
Jim