VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:30:52 -0000
Here's what I wrote for Duxbury's Help files.

You will probably need to use this Tiny URL
http://tinyurl.com/2ttvjq as the long one below will likely
wrap.

George.

Vista - Running DBT
You may find when clicking on the DBT desktop icon that you
get a message along the lines of you not being an
administrator and therefore you cannot run the program.

Try right clicking on the DBT Icon and select "Run as
administrator".

You might also want to see "Turn User Account Control on or
off" at:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/58b3b879
-924d-4e08-9358-c316055d3eae1033.mspx.

This page also explains how to get rid of those annoying
messages asking for permission to do various things.