VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:40:04 -0500
Thanks, Scott,

I am not the person who requested this information, but I can sure make use of
it.  I am guest lecturing on Nov. 29th in a class called Therapeutic
Recreation and People with Developmental Disabilities at Temple University.

Jan Knuth

>===== Original Message From "Scott D. Hendershot" <[log in to unmask]> =====
>Hello all,
>
>There seems to be allot of interest in games lately and since I put this
>list together a few months ago I thought I would share it with those who are
>interested.
>
>It is a few weeks out of date but I will be updating it soon.  It should be
>enough to get anyone started who has been looking for Accessible Games
>though!
>
>oh yeah, a few games you can get from the computer store will work with
>screen readers but not many, to find out which one read my list and towards
>there is a section that talks about AUDYSSEY Magazine, this is where you
>will find out which games work and which don't!
>
>Anyway, I hope this list is found to be useful and if your not interested
>then well, delete it now!
>
>Later, Scott
>
>Screenreader friendly games
>
>Here is a few of the many places to find games that work with either JFW or
>Window-Eyes or both.
>
>Some of them do not use a screenreader at all, they are "independent"!
>

>1. Accessible Games
>http://www.gamesfortheblind.com/
>

>New! Accessible StarFight
>Accessible WordScramble
>Accessible WordPlay
>Accessible Battleship
>Accessible BlackJack
>Accessible FreeCell
>Accessible Memory
>Accessible Simon
>Accessible Yahtzee
>

>2. Kitchen's Inc
>http://www.simcon.net/jkitchen
>
>for his free dos games
>and for his free windows games
>and don't forget his Trivia page
>
>Kitchen's Inc dos games
>
>The below files are all free speech friendly
>dos games and other programs
>
>doshman.zip 687k bytes January 2000
>hangman type game
>with 12 thousand words
>
>hangmana.dat 18k bytes January 2000
>adult word list for the hangman game
>just put this file in the same directory
>as the hangman game
>
>golf82c.zip 383k bytes November 98
>Golf game now with better sound sequencing to hit the ball
>as well as a practice green a driving range and more
>
>dosbase3.zip 1,363k bytes September 99
>arcade style base ball game
>now with joystick support
>
>dosfball.zip 57k bytes January 96
>football game that you can play an entire season as your favorite team
>
>dostruck.zip 1,445k bytes January 98
>big rig trucker game
>
>dosmule.zip 53k bytes October 95
>galactic drug sales game
>
>doslife.zip 44k bytes April 95
>the game of life
>
>dosbshp3.zip 130k bytes April 96
>battle ship game play against the computer
>
>dosbop3.zip 341k bytes November 98
>computer version of the popular game bop it
>
>dosimon2.zip 774k bytes November 99
> [...]

Janice L. Knuth, MSW, LSW
Training Coordinator
Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology
Institute on Disabilities / UAP
Temple University
215 204-5397