VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:53:55 -0500
Hello Vicki and interested parties;

I've tried doing a Google search www.google.com on "ocean sound effects
free" with the following results: Keep in mind that WAV files are for the
most part very short in length. It may take you longer to download the
little things than it does do listen to them.

Partners in Rhyme:
http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/soundfx/Ambience.shtml
Perhaps this is what you are listening for. On this site, look for rain
forest, a category ocean surf has something like 17 files examples are gulf
, gulls, beach, seashore.

A1 sound effects
http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/noflash.htm
Be forewarned; most of these web sites are a tees to get you to buy the
sounds. Cost for a CD  starts around $10.

Dave's home page
http://members.aol.com/dtinma/wav.htm
Dave must be a WAV file fanatic because he has put over 120 files on this
one page. Dave likes cartoon characters. He tells you how to add these files
to your hard drive.

We've got your WWAV
http://rats2u.com/clipart/animation/wav_files.htm
Be forewarned; This is not a screen reader friendly site. if you can scroll
down past the free e cards and get past all the pop ups the site has a pull
down menu to select WAV categories. Beyond this is the long list of WAV
files down the center column. The left and right columns do not pertain to
WAV files.  My screen reader read all the columns straight across. Yikes!
Dave's site is an example of web pages this site will send you too.
I also followed an oceans link and ended up on a page with Oceans as the
name of the page with WAV files of movies, The Simpson's Star trek but no
water. Go figure.

This should keep you going for a wile. Hope you find that perfect WAV.

Surfs-up!
Lets go surfin now everybody's learning how come side walk surfing with me.
Lynn Evans