VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DMFISHER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 15:04:41 -0400
I am hoping we can get some advice.  My husband has a pentium 166 from
Arkenstone.  It has 32 ram; a 4 gig hard drive.  He is a medical
transcriptionist and works in dos in word perfect 6 C.  The computer came
with windows 95 but he is much more comfortable working in dos.  Word
perfect is not happy, we've been told, unless there's better than 200
conventional memory.

What I would like to know is if anyone has experience with memory
managers; how effective are they; which would you recommend, if any.  On
the previous computer, he ran 386Max because our computer geru got mad at
the other one because he said they had poor support; I think it was qm
something or other, but we've heard that it was a better manager than 386
max.

We were told not to run the dos memory maker program; something about a
windows 95 conflict.  He is using VocalEyes and a dectalk pc.

Any ideas, recommendations?  Thanks for your help.

Doris Fisher