VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2015 19:39:27 -0700
Jarte is hit and miss with formatting.

Both Jaws and NVDA announce bullet and numbers correctly.

In both, you can use the screen reader key and the letter F to hear that
characters are bolded or italicized.

Neither screen reader seems to detect tables or the rows or columns in a
table.

when I used the paragraph formatting submenu to automatically indent the
first line of every paragraph, I couldn't tell the that this was working
by using the screen reader.

I haven't figured out how to create headings. This may be one of the
features that comes with the paid version, or it may be buried somewhere.

It's actually a nice little word processor. I hope the accessibility
kinks can be worked out.

On 9/27/2015 7:28 PM, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
> How does Jarte and a screen reader do with announcing advanced
> formatting attributes like headings, lists and tables?

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]