VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:15:40 -0500
I use Nero to backup certain folders of data.  Works great!  It is not
recommended to use CDRW disks for archival or backup storage.  CDR disks
are recommended.  CDRW disks are fragile compared to CDRW.  A small pit
on the inside disk itself could corrupt the very important file you want
to retrieve.  The disk imperfections are caused by the repeated erasing
and burning of the disk surface by the laser.  With CDR disks so
inexpensive, the added precaution is essentially cost neutral.

I buy CDR disks in bulk from Costco with the cost for each CDR disk
averaging 15 cents.  Yes, there are cheaper prices but I have never had a
disk go bad on me.

Kelly