VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2018 16:59:04 -0400
Hi all,

Well, amazingly, This link tells what Microsoft has done, they have put
the favorites into an

ESE Database. It's just like the darned firefox and just like Chromes
database html file!

However, they tell you how to change it, and I haven't tried it yet,
because I don't want to screw up the registry!

But you can force Edge to store the favorites in the favorites folder
for Edge.

I went on the web page and tried to save it so I can keep it as a how to
write up, and I followed the steps to get rid of the html garbage and
save it as unformatted text, and the darn thing would not do it. If you
all have more success than I do, saving the article, go for it. The link
to the article is

https://techjourney.net/change-microsoft-edge-favorites-storage-location-disable-enable-ese-database

enjoy, and if any of you actually go into the registry and do this
change, let us know how it works out!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]