VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hamer / AUS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Hamer / AUS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:21:07 +1000
G'DAY ,

I THINK  BRENT  HAS  A  GREAT POINT .
AT LEAST  AT  THE  MOMENT , IF  WE  HAVE 2 OR 3  COMPUTERS  IN  THE  HOUSE
?  WE CAN  UPGRADE  THEM ALL, AND  MAKE  THEM  COMPATIBLE WITH  EACH OTHER.
FOR  ONE  COST ,

THE  OTHER  POINT  I
WISH  TO  RAISE  IS  THAT  THIS  WILL  DRIVE  PEOPLE  TO  AN  OPEN
SOURCE  LIKE LINUX,
OR  MAYBE  AN  ALTERNITAVE  THAT  HASENT  APPEARED  YET.
IT  WILL  KILL   MICROSOFT  AND  THIER  SALES  WILL PLUMMET
,  JUST  LIKE  NAPSTER  , WHEN  THEY  HAD  THIER  COURT  TROUBLE.

THIS  RENTAL  IDEA  WILL  DRIVE  PEOPLE  IN  DROVES  INTO   THE  ARMS  OF
THE  LINUX  O.S. ,  AND  THEY  WILL  PAY  ONCE ,  PER  HOUSEHOLD ,  NOT  3
TIMES OR  MORE..

I WILL  BE  WATCHING  WITH  INTEREST .

FROM  MARK.