VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Flor Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Flor Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:21:04 +0100
Mike,

I'm less sceptical than i was when i read the initial story as posted
here. The issue of cutting down carbon emissions will loom ever more
largely, and petrol/gasoline prices will increase sizeably in the medium
term, regardless of people's ability to pay. There always will be
accidents, no matter the technology used, because of breakdowns or
faults in functionality at the time. Increased road safety isn't just an
issue to play around with. For various reasons, there will be continued
scepticism on the part of Mary and joe Public (and lawyers) over the
idea of blind regular drivers.